Tam High Coach Preston Picus has more than 15 years of coaching experience. Former D-1 wrestler at Columbia University, he's coached multiple state champs, state qualifiers and placers, including many college level athletes at Cal-State Bakersfield and Cal-Poly.
Assistant Coach Peter Puccio has many years of experience coaching Tam High and various clubs in the area. After placing 3rd at state in Washington, Coach Puccio went on to a successful junior college career.
New wrestlers can expect a fun environment with a focus on fundamentals. More competitive wrestlers can hone their skills and improve their technique.
"Once you've wrestled, everything in else in life is easy." -- Dan Gable
Join a wrestling club to get tougher, learn body control and movement, have fun with friends and challenge yourself in competitions.
1. Do you have to wear tights?
2. Can anyone join the club?
- Yes, club is open to all middle school and high school students. Some 5th graders considered on an individual basis.
3. Are there any fees?
- A $30 monthly donation is recommended, but we won't turn anyone away for lack of funds. We just need to cover basic costs.
4. What if I want to be a state champion?
- You're in the right place?
5. What if I'm kind of interested in wrestling but I don't know anything about it?
- Come on by, you'll love it.
6. Don't wrestlers get seriously injured all the time?
- No. Wrestling is less injurious than basketball, cheerleading, football, and many other sports.
7. Will I have to lose weight or starve myself?
8. Will people be mean? Should I be intimidated?
-Absolutely not. We play dodgeball often. We never bully. Come on by!
Sign up for weight loss tips,healthy recipes, and upcoming events.
Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
700 Miller Avenue, Mill Valley, California 94941, United States
Open in March, close in November